Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wound-up Wednesday

My first wool arrived the other week!!!  Super excited about it (although I have a feeling that I ruined some of it.  Oh wool, why must you felt?)


Our bathroom smelled like a sheep barn.... mmmm...
After wash #3.... still dirty
 
What it looks like all brushed out


...and the yarn!  Have been blending it with a little of the fiber from my Jersey Wooly rabbits :)

I now understand the joy and excitement that follows when you are able to take raw fiber and turn it into something other than pillow stuffing.

2 comments:

crystal_ds said...

Wow, that's very cool! I've just added something else to my list of things to learn:) I had no idea it looked like that before it's spun:)

Samantha said...

I'm sure other wool looks cleaner than what I got.... ended up getting some stuff with a lot of gunk (e.g. brambles, poo, grass) in it-- wanted to start from the 'worst of the worst' and see just exactly how frustrating/rewarding it could be. The bit I spun is a tiny fraction of the amount that I have left to spin. Still carding it out bit by bit.... it's a work in progress but I'm thoroughly enjoying it...