Sunday, April 10, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me

Yesterday was my birthday and, overall, I've had a good birthday weekend.... It was full of good times with great friends and also some time spent with the love of my life-- lots of laughs and a few tears.

Every year I take a moment on my birthday to reflect upon the things that have happened over the past year...  It's funny how life has a way of giving you what you hoped for in a way you never could've expected.  This time last year I never would have guessed that I would be where I am now-- part of an amazing family, living in a completely unfamiliar part of the state, and accepted to vet school.  I am an extremely lucky girl.

I've reached a lot of goals this past year and have started a lengthy list of things to accompish over the next year (we'll see how well that list goes when school starts!!)

I'm thankful for all of the opportunities I've been given and look forward to the continued journey of life.

No comments: