Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wound-up Wednesday

Alright.... I've been on a bit of a crafty hiatus.  Yes, I've tackled a few small projects, but nothing substantial.

Finished all of my granny squares for the charity crochet project I've been working on and mailed them to the lady that's going to assemble the blanket.  Kind-of a neat concept.  People from across the US are knitting/crochetting granny squares and mailing them to a person designated as a state lead.  This individual then puts a border on the squares (uniform stitch agreed on by the group with a specific color/brand/dye lot of yarn) and mails them to the project lead.  As soon as the blanket is completed, I'll post pictures.  It'll be raffled off and the money will be donated to the charity that the group agrees on (this blanket's money will go to the American Diabetes Association).

I've had a chance (every now and again) to work more on spinning. My yarn is a bit lumpy, but it's alright.  It'll add character to whatever I choose to make out of it.

No comments: