Thursday, May 26, 2011

118 days, oh my!

Life's been pretty chaotic, but here's a glimpse of what has happened over the past week:

This past weekend I had the opportunity to attend the Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine’s Annual Open House.  Every trip back to the campus gets me more and more excited/nervous about fall.

I had the opportunity to see some of the students in my Masters’ cohort, listened to quite a few excellent lectures (got to test out my smart pen) and met a new fiber resource (who, surprisingly enough, lives 20 minutes away from where I currently live… who knew?  She gave me some llama fiber… I think I’ve found a new love)  :) 

I'
ve got nine weeks to get my house ready for my roommates to move in.  There isn’t a ton of work to be done, but enough to keep busy.  To me, that kind of stuff is relaxing.  I spent a decent portion of last weekend tearing out carpet, removing trim, patching drywall nail holes, sealing the floor and reorganizing the garage. With 118 days until classes start, I’m going to heed the advice that many current students have passed along. This summer, I’m going to relax. I’m not going to try to fill my brain with as much as I possibly can—but instead I’m going to enjoy the time that I will have with the ones that I love and take some time to actually let my creativity out (something I haven’t had the opportunity to do much of when I was finishing my Masters). We don’t have any large vacations planned for the summer, but that’s not to say weekend or day trips won’t be taken.

No comments: