Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wound-up Wednesday

Lately I've been trying to finish up a lot of projects before beginning new ones. Hopefully I'll get the chance to update this with new and exciting completed projects weekly, but we'll see. There's a lot that I've made this winter that I haven't taken pictures of...

 Scrap Scarves
 This is the first pattern I've bought in a long while-- Snowdrops Scarf by S-type Creative.  Saw it at a local yarn store and fell in love with the pattern.  Still have a few rows to go, but hopefully it'll be done soon.  You can't really see the pattern too well with the blue yarn, but it's definitely unique.
 First handmade yarn ever-- I made it into a small potholder  (was so anxious to get a chance to actually use the yarn I had made)
 Potholder #2 from second hand-spun yarn.
Working on granny squares for a charity blanket.  I've completed a stack of them and have found this to be a good use of all that spare yarn I've got sitting around.

My big mission for this upcoming year is to get better with varying stitches and to actually count stitches.  Yes, I know.  It's almost a sin in the knitting/crochetting world to not count stitches-- to this day my Grandma--the one 'responsible' for me being addicted to yarn crafts--doesn't understand how I've made anything decent-looking without counting.  For me, it's more centered around visual inspection and making sure it 'looks right' rather than counting.

No comments: